Thursday, May 13, 2010

Family of 5






We were scheduled to have Brooke induced at 6 AM today. However, when I heard someone scream "My water just broke" at 3:59 AM, i knew we were not far from meeting Brooke. We arrived at the hospital around 430 and Jody was hooked up to the monitors. Jody noticed some blood and was checked by the nurse. After about 10 minutes the doctor arrived and there was even more blood. Rather than try to deliver the baby the doctor wanted to get Jody in right away for a c-section. She was given a spinal and in 5 minutes I was in the OR with Jody and the team. Brooke Elizabeth Anardi was born at 5:21 and weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and is 19 inches long. Both Jody and Brooke are doing excellent. The excessive bleeding was from a placental abruption. Jody will be in the hospital until Sunday. Enjoy the pictures of Brooke. She is beautiful.

8 comments:

Colby said...

She is absolutely precious! What a beautiful little girl!

Mom/Deb Beckler said...

She is beatiful and can't wait to see her. She has brought smiles to lots of peoples faces. Not fair that you, Brooke and Ryan are 3000 miles away. Tears of joy are coming down my face as I think of what we are missing. We love you all. mom.

Beka said...

these photos made me cry - she is just so amazing!

Terri Kent said...

Congratulations to the entire family!
And especially to the mommy!!
Love you all, can't wait to meet your newest treasure!! Terri & Co.

Michelle said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations!

Kim said...

Congratulations! Glad to here she is healthy and mom is doing okay.

Chrisie said...

Brooke is beautiful!!! Congrats!!! I'm sooooo HAPPY for you... I can't wait to meet her. I may not be there but I want you to know that your always on my mind. I love you and miss you guys. Looks like you lucked out with the red hair again.

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you all and can't wait to meet Brooke! She is beautiful and the pictures are awesome. Glad everyone is doing well!! See you soon.