Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Joe Dirt Table

During my vacation I had a few things i wanted to accomplish, one of which was staining the deck. Jody and I moved everything off the deck so I could stain it. Two days ago as I was finishing the deck I noticed our new (two years old) glass patio table was smashed into a million tiny pieces. We are not sure what caused it. Possibly being in the direct sun for a few days, or stress fatigue from a prior small crack, apparently it did hail the other night, so who knows. We had to use the shop vac in the grass to get all the tiny pieces of glass out. What a pain.
Back to my table. We had two choices. 1) buy a new table (or replace glass) or 2) fix the existing. Rather than buy a new table and move it across the country in two years we opted to cut a sheet of plywood and set it in the top and lay a table cloth over it. I know what you are thinking, it's white trash. I agree. It's one less thing to move in two years.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Don't cover the plywood with a table cloth. It's the wood that makes it good!