Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mcdonalds half marathon





So I have been training for months for this race. I did it!!! It was a hot and humid November day it was 77 and very humid. I had a cold and had not been feeling well but I was going to run regardless. My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and 10 min. I would have liked 2 hours and 5 min but I got 2 hours and 8 minutes so I am ok with that. I got a huge blister under my left toe nail. Ryan had to heat up a paper clip to drain it out the blood under the nail. Looks like I will be loosing it. It hurt extremly bad and now that it has been drained it doesnt hurt as bad! I wish my family and seattle friends could have seen it the race! Thanks to the Ryan the kids and the Lewis family for coming to cheer me on I needed it!

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Hi Jodi, Just looked at your pictures. Very cool, especially the one of your big toe. It took me a minute to figure out what it was. Congratulations on you running the marathon. That is quite the acomplishment. Take care and hope to see you and ryan and the kids soon. Tell them all hi for me. Uncle Dale.

The Land Far Far Away said...

You are amazing. :) It was fun to come out and support you. I hope you are feeling better. We are all so proud of you.

Mom/Deb Beckler said...

you have dedicated lots of time to this Jody and we all know how hard you have worked. Even though we were not there wee certainly were cheering you on from far away. Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody,
I'm so excited for you! It must have felt wonderful to cross that finish line, blisters and all. Sara C.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. You look amazing! What's your next goal?
Michelle